West Pier and the education sector
<< Back to Customer Case Studies Solutions Overview
The ICT (information and communications technology) demands of the education sector can be just as high as any sector we operate in.
The Institute for Fiscal Studies predicts budget cuts in schools of between 7% and 12%
during the next parliament.
Budgets are still being squeezed and children have high expectations with regards to things like network speeds.
West Pier Telecom offer a range of telephony
options that can cut costs and improve IT infrastructure.
A brief overview of the services schools, colleges and universities may find beneficial are highlighted below.
- Our Avaya phone systems are SIP enabled, switching your lines to SIP will cut line rental by 50% and call costs by up to 80%.
- Avaya IP Office phone systems are 20% cheaper to own and maintain than their competitors.
- Avaya phones are designed to be used by anyone. Managing the network including scaling up or down and changing handsets over is easy and doesn't require a contractor.
- Avaya technology allows staff members including teaching assistants to take calls on the move and work remotely is required.
For a limited time only WEST PIER TELECOM and Avaya are giving away a Free Avaya networking switch with every new IP Office telephone.*
- Lower printing costs by improving access to internal networks and intranet services for students and staff, digitise paper processes.
- Deliver wired-like performance and predictability to your mobile users.
- Improve network security, manage surveillance networks and access rights with intuitive and easy to use products.
- Cut line rental costs by 50% and call costs by up to 80% by switching your lines to SIP.
- Let us find you on the cheapest broadband package and internet connection.
- The right connectivity upgrade for your school, college or university is dependent on your individual business needs as well as your location. Call us to discover your options.
West Pier is currently offering 20% off telephone support and maintenance with additional discount for education customers.
- Exclusive Education Discount, only pay for the weeks that you are open.
- We are one of only 10 Avaya partners in the UK to have won an award for customer service.
- We have 20 years phone support and maintenance.
- Our engineers have a wealth of Avaya and industry experience and qualifications between them.
*One new Avaya 10/100 switch ERS 3526T "port" per new 10/100 IP phone port and IP phone ordered.
*One new Avaya Gig switch ERS 3550 "port" per new Gig IP phone port and IP phone ordered.
The E159/E169 state of the art media business telephone system. Dock your smartphone or tablet, open an app, and turn your mobile device into a secure enterprise-grade communications tool. The E159 and E169 can also be used as a regular SIP desk phone on its own.
If you would like to discuss any of our services above or have any questions please call us on 0344 264 5522 or please email us.
West Pier Telecom is the UK's only Avaya partner to have had their customer service officially recognised by Avaya 4 years running. We provide award winning business telephone systems, networking and communication solutions, support and consultancy services.
Unify all your communications. Access on any device.
West Pier is fully accredited with ISO 9001:2015
Certificate No 10570