What are SIP Trunks? SIP Definition
Are your lines down? Trouble with your current provider? Please contact our help team on 01273 391200
SIP trunks stands for Session Initiation Protocol and the purpose of SIP trunks or lines is for them to allow your business to transport telephone calls over the internet through either your broadband or Ethernet cables.
SIP trunking is a great alternative to the ISDN phones lines traditionally used by businesses.
ISDN lines are being phased out by BT starting in 2020! SIP will improve call quality and significantly reduce costs by on average 80%
and with faster fibre connections being installed very day SIP is now also much more reliable than the older ISDN (landlines).
West Pier is currently offering 2000 free minutes per month per channel to mobiles
if you switch to SIP. Calls to landlines are free with SIP. Please contact us by email email@example.com
or telephone 0344 264 5522
to arrange the switch over.
This means that if you were to encounter problems with your phone system, i.e. your telephone lines have been cut or the weather has played havoc with your communication, your business continuity is not broken no matter the circumstances.
The SIP trunks 'Active Standby' feature ensures that if your telephone system fails at one site, calls will be transported automatically to your other site over the same number of channels.
Alternatively, SIP Trunks are not just for multi-site companies. Your calls can be delivered to the same site on a separate network and on different channels.
As a result, you will not run the risk of losing crucial working hours whilst the problem is being fixed.
How else can I benefit from SIP Trunks?
Please click here for our SIP savings calculator (SIP cost calculator).
Enable your workforce to solely use mobile phones and remove the need for landlines.
More and more companies are saving money and improving efficiency by moving over to mobiles. Remove the need and rental cost associated with ISDN and switch over to SIP and get free calls to mobiles.
ISDN is being completely phased out by BT starting in 2020.
Make the move now to avoid panic when ISDN gets stopped in your area.
Save money on call costs and line rental
- SIP delivers less costly connectivity than ISDN over an IP connection. It can save up to 50% on line rentals and up to 80% or more on call costs.
Free internal calls and great features
- Perfect for medium or large organisations with multiple sites, not only will you save on your line rental and call costs, but you'll get free internal calls within your organisation and a whole host of great features.
Scale up and down when you want
- SIP trunks are ideal if you are moving, upsizing or downsizing and want to keep your existing numbers. Scale up lines during busy periods and back down again afterwards. You can add lines, take them away, split calls at any time. You are always in control.
Built-in Business Continuity
- SIP trunks can handle emergencies easily. They are inherently disaster recovery / business continuity ready, letting you reroute calls to an alternative location quickly and easily.
Compatible with Skype for Business
- Our SIP trunks are integration tested and approved to interoperate with Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business, allowing you to directly connect to the platform to make external calls.
- SIP trunks gives your business the flexibility of its phone numbers by offering multiple geographic numbers all in one location, allowing you to target a wider range of clients.
- Not only are SIP Trunks quick and easy to install, they are perfect for businesses operating in multiple offices and have a highly distributed network.
Free Calls to UK, Local, National and Mobiles Offer
At West Pier Telecom we are offering free calls to mobiles on our SIP Trunks where we provide 2000 minutes per channel per month to major mobile phone networks including O2, Vodafone, EE and Gamma.
The mobile minutes are on top of the minutes already offered to local and national numbers commencing with 01, 02 and 03.
In addition to our free calls to mobile offer we are also offering FREE FTTC activation worth £95 and 12 months FREE FTTC connectivity worth £480 when ordering eight or more channels of SIP.
If you would like to discuss our SIP trunks or have any questions please call us on 0344 264 5522 or please email us.